We are getting ready for another wonderful year of mid-week ministry for kindergarten through 8th graders! Children will find a sense of direction, purpose, and relationship within the church.
Registration deadline is September 12.
Fall semester begins on September 19.
Based on Acts 2:42:
They (the believers) devoted themselves
to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship,
to the breaking of bread and to prayer
About Our Program:
- Follow Children’s Ministry at Norwalk First UMC on Facebook to keep up-to-date on events.
- Students can be picked up at any elementary school or Main Street School in Norwalk, but they must be registered ahead of time.
- Partial scholarships are available and discounts apply for families with three or more participating students.
- Call the church office at 419-668-1938 for more information.
1st Kids has four parts:
- Fellowship – emphasizes the importance of children’s involvement in the worship of God through vocal choir.
- Foundation – children discover and connect with Jesus Christ throughout the Bible in the program entitled, Give Me Jesus.
- Fun – play is a great way to practice treating each other as children of God. We share in games, crafts, and calming activities during this time.
- Family Time – food, fellowship, and fun around an intergenerational table filled with God’s people.
2018 Fall Schedule:
- Sept. 12, 6:30-7:30 p.m. registration and Cookie Hour!
- Sept. 19, Welcome Home!
- Sept. 26, Barnyard
- Oct. 3, Pajama Night
- Oct. 10, Treasure Hunt
- Oct. 17, Rummage Sale—No 1st Kids
- Oct. 24, Glow Night
- Oct. 31, Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Pumpkins, Early Release at 5:30—No Dinner
- Nov. 7, Election Night
- Nov. 14, Thanksgiving!
- Nov. 21, No school—No 1st Kids
- Nov. 28, Election Results—Kids Choice
- Dec. 5, Gingerbread Fest
- Dec. 12, God’s Royal Family
- Dec. 19, Christmas Celebration!
- Dec. 26, No School—No 1st Kids
2nd semester resumes January 16th with Fiesta!